An Update on Paul (things are mostly stable)

I can't write a post about "scanxiety" and then leave you hanging with the results. Actually, I can. And I did. And I'm sorry.

My in-laws are in Buffalo for a quick visit, so writing has taken a backseat. I have precisely ten minutes for you. Which could be used to clean the kitty litter. Or vacuum the crumbs from our breakfast of Saltines this morning. (I am a good mom I am a good mom I am a good mom)

The litter box can wait. So can the crumbs, according to an incoming parade of ants.

Paul's scan results showed that things are mostly stable. There is some tumor growth
but it's minimal. Of course, we'd like zero tumor growth. We'd like tumor shrinkage. But I'll take mostly stable right now.

His kidneys are functioning normally again. His hemoglobin went up to 8.7. These are all good things.

Symptoms are reappearing, though: cramping, gagging, vomiting, coughing. At this point, it's hard to say if these are caused by the cancer itself
or if they're residual effects from the harsh chemos he had last winter. Either way, they're miserable. Paul would so love to brush his teeth without triggering his gag reflex. Wouldn't that be something?

So we're beginning to look at new clinical trials. I'll update as things come to light. 


Stay gold, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment